I am (attempting to) make blogging more of a habit! I cook and bake all the time, and I really want to record what I make – for my own reference, as well as anyone who would like some recipe ideas!
So, I’ve officially declared it Salad Week here. Because we are in the heart of bikini season, and we are all trying to watch our figures, salads can be a nutritious (and filling!) meal choice. I have a few personal salad rules:
1. Add in as many vegetables/fruits as possible. Raid your garden, the farmers market, and your fridge.
2. Use dark greens – I rarely make a salad without spinach, but then again, I have an addiction.
3. Watch the dressing – go light in general, and especially light on vegetable/canola oil or mayonnaise based dressings.
4. Make salads your whole meal – it’s much healthier to fill up on a salad that is full of greens and veggies, than to have it has a side dish.
This week I’m going to post 4 different salads:
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- BLT Salad with Avocado and Corn (my take on a Pinterest find)
- Honey Dijon Salmon Salad
- Couscous Broccoli Salad with Chicken
Come back soon to see the first recipe!