I wanted to share a recipe success from over the weekend: Key Lime Pie. I love key lime pie. It’s sweet and tart, easy to prepare, and it is especially perfect for summer nights! I found the recipe on epicurious.com, which is such a reliable cooking source. I have their app on my phone as well.
I used this recipe for the pie, with my own modifications:
- added 1/4 tsp each of ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg to crust
- used salted butter in crust
- made fresh whipped cream (whip heavy cream, add sifted powdered sugar) for a topping
- toasted coconut to garnish on top of the whipped cream
- used Nellie & Joe’s key lime juice instead of fresh key limes
I made this Thursday night, served it Friday night with Mexican food, and the leftovers were great through the weekend! Enjoy!