Happy Friday, gals! I’m gonna just tell you now that you may want to skip on down to # 5. You’ll see some super adorable little ones who have all stolen my heart!
ONE: Fall Bucket List check-in.
So far we have:
- Visited an apple orchard
- Scheduled a family picture session for early November
- Watched football with some friends, mostly family – need to find a time to watch with our Carolina friends!
- Sat out by the fire with family and friends twice
- I made 7 batches of homemade donuts!
- We cleaned out our master bedroom closet, Todd cleaned out the garage and his office. These are much greater accomplishments for us than they sound
- Davis’ birthday party date is set, invitations are being prepped, menu is planned, and the details are coming together
- We are signed up for the Thunder Road half marathon in November
We still have a lot we hope to do, but it’s awesome to have a fun to-do list!
TWO: Fall trend I plan to wear: Plaid + Leather. Comfy, warm, easy, classic with edge. Check check check!
THREE: Something that I do not consider to be just a trend: leopard. I really only wear leopard as an outfit accent: shoes, a belt, or a clutch. But, I fully believe this statement. It does work as a neutral, and it is a classic. Love that!
FOUR: Added to my Christmas/birthday list: a marble pastry board. Really I love any gift that can be used in my kitchen! Some of my favorites are a spatula (seriously!) from my in-laws that I am obsessed with, along with the
lifesaver Keurig my parents gave us, and the best round cake pans from my Granny. There are so many more, but those popped in my mind. This marble pastry board would be great for keep any dough chilled while rolling. Plus, I’m a baker, and I’m sure I need one, right?
This one is from Sur La Table.
FIVE: Last is best in this case! Number 5 is all about my nephew!!! I need to do a whole post on him, but here’s a link to my cousin’s blog with more pictures and stories about their son. Yes, he’s my cousin’s son, so not technically my nephew, but I’m still his aunt! This past weekend my other cousins, Sarah’s sisters, threw a very sweet party to welcome Cam to the family. These are a couple pictures from that. We are so incredibly grateful that he is a part of our family!
Davis and Cam. Gah, my heart may explode. Cam is a doll baby, right?! Sarah said these 2 may be trouble. Oh yes, I am sure they will. Cam is 6 1/2 months older than Davis. We will absolutely have our hands full!!
Todd, Davis and I with Sarah, Jeremy and their kids, Bryleigh and Cam. I look at this and think about our stories and struggles, and about our amazing blessings. It’s such a bonus when your best friends are your family, too.
God is so good!
Wishing you all beautiful Fall weather and fun times with family and friends this weekend!