Happy weekend! I hope that the weather forecast is as nice where you live as it is here this weekend. I can’t wait to spend some time outside with my little family. Our dogwoods are blooming, and I’m obsessed. I love this time of year! Yesterday I took Davis outside to play in the yard and run around with Kenan and we all loved it. I need to always remind myself that stepping outside and playing is a good way to hit the reset button. Plus the vitamin D doesn’t hurt!
ONE: Several weeks ago, I blogged about Tan Towels in my Five on Friday post. I’ve since used them and wanted to share my thoughts. Just to preface, I am not “fair-skinned” – I have dark eyes, brown hair, and I tan relatively easily, so I cannot say how these would work on a blue-eyed, blonde hair person. It gave my a great, light tan and glow. It didn’t smell wonderfully, but it wasn’t bad, plus the coconut oil I used covered up the scent. The tan lasted for several days and was not streaky.
- Exfoliate and shave first
- Put lotion on elbows, feet/ankles, knees, hands/wrists before application
- Carefully apply all over in a circular motion
- I did not use it on my face. You can, but I opted to just add some bronzer to my make up that day.
- Wash hands thoroughly after applying, and scrub your nails. (I didn’t end up with orange hands or nails, but some of the reviews complain of this. I think if you’re careful it won’t happen).
- Use a moisturizer (I used coconut oil) after the Tan Towel.
- Do not put any clothes on for at least 30 minutes after.
TWO: We’re finally catching on to the Scandal craze around here. I’m all caught up on Netflix, and I’ve convinced Todd to watch it so that we can see Season 3 together. I’m having a hard time not spending the money to download all of Season 3 on iTunes!
THREE: My cousin pinned this recently, and I’ve seen some other similar articles for flavoring your water. I am trying to drink more water (always) and this would certainly help. Think I’ll try some frozen raspberries and a couple lemon slices in mine today!
FOUR: This graphic caught my eye on Pinterest. Check out this article for The 10 Best Nutrients for Skin Health. Good reminders and ideas for how to boost my skin regimen.
FIVE: My mom found a perfect rug for our house, and it needed to be used somewhere. So, redecorating the guest/Davis’ bathroom it is! (It needs a facelift!) Sarah and I found a potential frame for the room last night, and a print like this would be really fun in it, especially since it is Davis’ bathroom. I’ll post more room details in a future post.
Cheers to the weekend! Go enjoy the sunshine. Thank you for reading!