My amazing, handsome husband of almost 8 years is turning 30 this Sunday! I cannot express enough how incredibly blessed I am to call him mine. Yes we argue just like any married couple, but we just work together. He gets me, takes care of Davis and I, and loves me no matter what. Gosh, I’m fighting back tears now!
Today I’m dedicating my blog to him. I want to just celebrate and brag on him for a bit. Please excuse my gushing. 😉
30(ish) Things I Love About Todd (in no particular order):
- Leads our family well.
- Church, volunteering, and teaching Davis about the Lord are important to him.
- Steady. He makes decisions with a level mindset. When I’m crazy emotional, he keeps me grounded.
- Smart. He works in the medical device field with radiologists and various types of surgeons, regularly in cases in the operating room.
- He looks great in scrubs. See the job description above.
- Kind. He is the sweetest guy and protects my heart.
- Keeps a to-do list. Kindred spirits.
- He unloads the dishwasher 90% of the time. A chore that I strongly dislike.
- Supportive of my dreams.
- He will finish his work, then help me complete my projects. Even if it means helping me prep 1,000 cake pops or fold boxes for cupcakes.
- Hot. So hot. He isn’t aging – he just keeps looking better.
- Fun Daddy. He is always making games up with Davis, and even if he’s exhausted, he plays with Davis, no exception.
- We get addicted to the same shows on Netflix (for the most part).
- Healthy. He eats well and takes care of himself.
- Athletic. He works out, stays fit, and loves to play sports if he has time. His goal is to run a marathon while he’s 30.
- Sets and achieves goals. He is such a role model for me. He always has a new aspiration in mind, and works to achieve it.
- Creative, entrepreneurial mindset. He works with his friend, Ryan, on The Honor Roll, and he is regularly thinking of new business ideas.
- He has great hair. And no grays or thinning yet. (Not fair!)
- He is a leader.
- Warm host. He helps me get the house ready for guests, always has music playing, and is a good bartender.
- My favorite corn hole partner.
- He loves sports, especially basketball. March Madness is a true holiday for him.
- Still a little bit redneck. He wears cut-off shirts, owns a gun, and loves trucks.
- Competitive. Gosh, if he wasn’t, we just wouldn’t work. He is a great match for me, but he’s a much more gracious loser (usually ;))
- Likes trying new things. Open to new foods, new places, new fashion, new adventures.
- Stewards our finances well. Tithing is a priority, as well as Davis’ college fund. He has set us up well for retirement, and invests our money in a smart way.
- Strong work ethic. Todd doesn’t stop if he has work to get done. Sometimes this bothers me (you know, if I just want him to be lazy with me;)), but overall it makes me beam with pride.
- Tender-hearted. He is serious about work and other serious matters, but he is just loving with Davis and I.
- Parenting teammate. When Davis was a newborn and never slept and cried all the time (not exaggerating), Todd was awake with him just as much as I was. I will never forget how bad our dark circles were under our eyes!
- Handyman. He is great at fixing things around the house, from plumbing to electrical to hanging every single picture I ask of him.
- Social and fun. He’s a great friend and really fun to be around.
- Dresses well. I love that he cares about the clothes he wears. And he wears them well.
- He loves and cares about my family and friends just as much as he does his family and friends.
- Dreamer. Todd is practical, but also full of aspiration. My favorite conversations with him are the ones when we just dream and plan and hope.
- The best parenting partner I could’ve ever hoped for. Seeing him with Davis is the happiest I’ve ever been.
- My best friend. He’s there to have fun with and laugh with, I can confide in him about anything, and I trust him completely.
Happy happy birthday, babe! Cheers to THIRTY!