So.many.food.pictures. I am that really obnoxious wife/mom who makes everyone pause before eating so that I can take a picture of our meals!
This habit of mine does, however, allow me to share some clean eating meal ideas with you!
Our oven is currently broken, so I’ve been relying on the stove and the grill for all of my cooking.
And I know I’ve said this before, but I will say it again – I do my best to buy local, organic food. Obviously that is not always possible, but if you can, buy organic (grass fed beef) meats and dairy products!
- Steak Salad: We had leftover steak, so I made salads! Arugula, spinach, avocado, strawberries, steak, blue cheese, creamy balsamic vinaigrette. Davis had a similar meal, but not in a salad form.
- Okra from the farmer’s market. I cut the tops off, sliced them in half length-wise, tossed it in olive oil, salt, pepper. I “roasted” them on the grill by spreading the okra out on aluminum foil and grilling on a medium heat until slightly crispy on the edges.
- Grilled chicken, grilled peppers, grilled mushrooms
- Marinated for 1 hour (need link) and grilled pork tenderloin; sauteed squash and zucchini; quickly grilled tomatoes (Slice the tops and cut part of the center out of medium sized tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until slightly cooked, but do not allow them to get so hot that they burst. Remove from the grill and top with fresh basil and feta)
- (This is Todd’s plate, by the way. When I eat beef, I eat very small portions). Marinated and grilled grass-fed steak with blue cheese; sauteed red potatoes with rosemary; grill-roasted okra; breaded eggplant
- “Clean out the fridge salad”: spinach, arugula, potatoes, quinoa, okra
- The meal that goes with the grilling picture above it + coconut milk rice (I use this recipe, but I left out the cilantro and lime this time) and steamed broccoli
- Quinoa salad (quinoa + leftover roasted vegetables and chicken); braised white beans with thyme; Tuscan kale salad
- Kale scrambled eggs with avocado (avocado toast* for Davis)
- Healthy brunch for dinner: sauteed kale with garlic; runny eggs; avocado, tomato, feta; bacon
- Fruit + nut salad for breakfast: strawberries, pineapple, peaches with unsweetened coconut, sliced almonds, chia seeds
- Post-workout protein smoothie: Raw protein powder (it is vegan, non-GMO, organic, etc. I am working on a new smoothie post) + 100% cacao powder + unsweetened coconut milk + raw almond butter + chia seeds
*I finally found some organic bread at Harris Teeter! This brand is now sold at our local grocery store, and Davis has really enjoyed it:
Just a reminder – you can go to the Clean Eating category on the right to see more meal ideas! Thank you for reading!