I still cannot believe this is possible, but….I am going to PARIS this weekend – EEEK!!!! This post is all about my packing plan. I will be in Paris 3 full days + 2 half days spent flying there and back. I am not an expert packer, and packing in a carry-on for the most glamorous city in the world is quite intimidating. The look I am aiming for is: wearable, comfortable, dual-purpose, and also chic.
Day Time Essentials:
- Lightweight gray sweater – similar options (the white one also comes in gray):
- White dress shirt/tunic:
- Trench coat (I bought a trench coat from Zara last year, and I have gotten SO MUCH use out of it!) – here is a similar option:
- Lightweight plaid scarf
- Tan ankle boots – lots of options (mine sold out last year):
- Black riding boots – 2 similar options to mine:
- Black tunic sweater – 2 similar options:
- Mid-rise skinny jeans – Gap option + designer option (my AG skinny jeans fit so well! They are nice, but not as expensive as most designer jeans)
- Draped open-front cardigan
- Modern black long-sleeve t-shirt
- Stacked gold rings
- Black and white plaid blouse
My best friend lives in France, and we have discussed meeting in Paris for a girls’ weekend for ages. Right now, neither of us have babies (our kids are in preschool part time), we had airline points, and our husbands are saints. 🙂 Casey is a dear friend to me, and living an ocean apart is difficult. We both truly feel blessed and spoiled to be taking this trip!
I was gone this past weekend as well, and being gone two weekends in a row is clearly not ideal. It was the only time that worked for everyone, but I will absolutely miss my boys!
We are planning to spend the weekend walking and eating, and eating again! She has called and made reservations for us at several amazing places, and I cannot wait. I have been to Paris once before, and she used to live there, so we may skip some of the classic must-do things, like the Louvre, but we will certainly experience the culture. I will post details of our trip within the next couple of weeks.
Dressier Dinner Essentials: (we are not getting too fancy, but I wanted some looks that would work for nights out)
- Skinny black jeans
- Black flats
- Black heeled booties
- Black wool/cashmere scarf
- Black fitted blazer
- Cami blouse
- Nike sweatshirt
- Jogger pants
- Graphic tank top