Life is giving me a run for my money lately. There just aren’t enough hours in the day! I have let my blog suffer recently, so I want to catch up on some things today.
On to the updates….
- A few weeks ago we celebrated my sweet friend, Ashley, for her 30th birthday! I never posted anything about it, so I had to make up for that! Her husband and mine are also close friends and own Honor Roll Designs together. I am so very grateful for their friendship! Plus they are the most fun travel buddies. (We tend to all have way too much fun together. Ha!)
- Go Panthers!!! Our city is pumped for our current NFL success! Our sweet neighbors have season tickets, and when her husband wasn’t able to go to the game last Monday, my friend invited me! I hadn’t been to a game in years, so this was such a treat. It was POURING rain that night, with flood warnings throughout Charlotte. The game ended up going into overtime, but thankfully we won!!
- You need this top from Zara. This isn’t sponsored or anything like that. I just love this top! I bought it from Zara when I was in Paris, and I have worn it
toomany times already. I am sort of petite, and it is a great length.
- I bought this cardigan from Forever 21, not knowing whether or not I would wear it often. Well, I love it and have worn it a couple times already. I also love this one and this one.
- Spaghetti squash is my current favorite vegetable. Well maybe that and brussels sprouts! I made this spaghetti squash mushroom “risotto” recently, and it was so good. Rich, but healthy. A Pinterest success!! I’ve also mixed leftover spaghetti squash with sautéed spinach, tomatoes, and other veggies for a perfect, clean lunch.
I want to make these burrito bowls next:
- Another Pinterest recipe success. My mom shared this recipe for baked steel cut oats, and it is delicious! I mixed the oats and the liquid mixture the night before, then spread out peeled and diced apples in the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan the next morning (I doubled the whole recipe!). Then I poured in the oat/liquid mixture and baked. It was so filling and delicious. And it gave us breakfast for several days. Thumbs up. I will make it with blueberries next!
That’s it for now! I will be back tomorrow with my Friday favorites. Thank you for sticking with me through my sporadic blogging. 🙂