Our weekend was quite jam-packed! On Friday a couple of Davis’ friends came over to give their moms a quick break. Then Todd and I had a quick date night on Friday night – we went to Heritage in Waxhaw and were very impressed. More to come in a future post. Then on Saturday we visited my brother- and sister-in-law’s new home and spent the day out on Lake Wylie! We celebrated all of the family’s July and August birthdays with a delicious dinner, and I made a chocolate chip cookie chocolate cake for the birthday dessert (pictured below). (I will also post the directions for that soon). On Sunday Todd and Davis worked on some projects around the house while I did my best to catch up on events I am planning. Life lately has been hectic, but I am grateful for all that we have going on, and especially for the time with our family. My pregnancy update is at the bottom.
Tired eyes before our date night. We could hardly stay awake for dinner, and we ended our meal with hot tea…so glamorous. 😉 Heritage was fantastic, though!
All of the birthday people! Todd, his mom and dad, his older brother Joel, and Joel’s father-in-law all have birthdays in July and August.
I combined desserts and put chocolate chip cookies inside this chocolate birthday cake.
Daddy’s helper, spackling holes in the soon-to-be nursery. We are having the boys’ rooms painted this weekend!
Now for a pregnancy update…
- I will be 28 weeks on Friday. How is it already the 3rd trimester?
- I have gained 20 or so pounds…and a lot of that is in my thighs and my face. 😉
- Baby boy moves a lot! As soon as I am still or lay down, he is all over the place. I know I’m going to miss that feeling.
- The worst symptoms I’m experiencing now are lightheadedness, fatigue and weakness. My blood pressure has gotten pretty low, so I’m trying to make sure I get enough rest and drink a ton of water.
- Baby’s name is still undecided. Todd and I cannot seem to make up our minds! I asked Davis what he thinks baby brother’s name should be…his answer: “Davis” His other answers were the characters from Paw Patrol
- The nursery is getting there…we are having it painted this week! I can’t wait to finish putting it all together.
- Davis is excited to be a big brother! He keeps saying “my baby” about everything and I love it.
- My maternity shorts from Asos are the best thing ever in this heat. I still squeeze into some non-maternity bottoms, but shorts with an elastic waistband are the most comfortable.
- I am sleeping pretty well – just have to pee in the middle of the night of course, and sometimes if I wake up I can’t turn my mind off and it is difficult to get back to sleep. Also one night a few weeks ago I had a really vivid dream about a skunk in our bedroom. So much so that I woke up and checked everywhere for a skunk!
- I feel like I have ADD. My mind tends to go a million miles a minute and jumps from project to project. I also cannot remember anything.
- Two of my girlfriends had babies recently, which made me so excited and anxious for October to get here!
That’s all for now!