It feels crazy to say that we now have a four year old! Davis has officially reached “little boy” status and is well out of the toddler stage. It is hard to believe that he is growing up so quickly! He is such a gem, and has the best personality. Todd and I feel incredibly blessed to have him!
Here are some of the things about Davis that I want to remember at this stage:
- He is still obsessed with anything with a motor
- He likes to figure out how toys work, and he likes to imagine new uses for his toys
- He loves Legos
- He will turn anything into a toy
- He loves holidays! He has been singing “Jingle Bells” and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” for months
- He also loves old Alabama songs
- He does not like to be left out of a conversation
- He doesn’t miss a thing! His memory and his ears work well (like if I say something under my breath about the traffic, he always calls me out on it!)
- He is go-go-go and rarely sits still
- The main times he gets in trouble is meal time…slow eater!
- He still sleeps with plenty of stuffed animals and 3 blankets
- He loves to be cozy, and would live in pajamas if possible
- He loves music
- He loves when people come to our house. He has a welcoming spirit and truly enjoys being around people.
- He is a proud older brother, and loves telling people about Ridge
- He still loves Paw Patrol
- He is also really into dinosaurs
- He is tall and is quickly growing out of his clothes
- He loves to be around us, which I know we will miss as he grows!
- He likes to help, especially when Todd has something to fix around the house or is working in the yard
- He also really loves to wash dishes (aka, play in the sink!)
- His favorite meal (besides Chick fil A or dessert) is avocado toast with a fried egg
- He is full of joy and life. Little things make him happy
- He is a character and makes us laugh often
- He is a backseat driver and thinks he knows more about the rules of the road than his mommy 😉
- He is awesome on his balance bike. He doesn’t know it yet, but he’s getting a big boy bike for Christmas!
- He is a family boy – loves his grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles dearly.
- He makes our lives a thousand times more fun
Happy Birthday to our sweet firstborn! We are the lucky ones to have him in our lives!
Before I go, I want to thank everyone who commented here and on Instagram about my last post. Sharing all of the details in My Breastfeeding Story was not the easiest. But I have received such wonderful encouragement! So thank you! My goal is to write a follow-up post in a month, and also to write the details of how I’ve worked on increasing my supply.