Pinterest has become a mecca for recipe searching. I love to use it as an inspiration source. I rarely follow recipes, and when I do, it takes me so long to cook! I’ve just gotten used to making it up as I go. But some recipes are gems! Those Pinterest recipes that look and sound so perfect cause me to follow the directions (for the most part). This is one of those finds.
My mom and I both pinned this, and were eager to make it. So much so, that when I asked if they’d like to come over for dinner Sunday, because I was making this salad, she had actually just made it for lunch! Both of my parents enjoyed it, as did Todd and I.
Here is the link to the blog with the original source, as well as her picture of the salad:
Pretty sure you want to make this, too, right?!
This recipe is pretty spot-on, but of course I made a couple changes. Here are my tips and suggestions:
- Lettuces: I used what I had – spinach, iceberg, purple and green baby lettuces.
- I roasted/baked the corn. Preheat oven to 350. Put corn (do not shuck) directly on oven rack. Cook for 30 minutes. Turn oven off, leave the corn in for 5 more minutes. Remove from the oven, shuck, and cut off the kernels.
- Turkey bacon instead of regular.
- I used the tomatoes that I had in my garden. Some were grape, some were larger, vine-ripened.
- I cut the lime juice. My lime was very juicy, so I only needed half of the juice.
- I folded the avocado in when I added the cheese and turkey bacon.
Here is my version: (her picture is SO much prettier than mine, but you get the idea)