Yesterday Davis had his 14 month “birthday!” He is growing so quickly, and constantly learning something new. It’s truly amazing to watch his little brain work. For stats, etc, there haven’t been a ton of changes from 13 months. Here are some updates about him and what he’s been doing and learning lately:
- We haven’t officially weighed him since his 12 month appointment. I do think he has gotten taller, though.
- He has 10 teeth, with another molar growing in.
- His hair is getting fuller and more blonde (like his daddy).
- He loves to point his finger up in the air. Like all the time.
- He claps, gives high fives, plays pat-a-cake, puts his hands out like he’s shrugging when we say “ta-da,” plays peek-a-boo, waves, throws
- He constantly builds towers and stacks his blocks and toys. And his blankets, stuffed animals, etc. He thinks anything can be stacked
- He says: bye bye, vacuum, the “ke-” sound (we’re trying to teach him how to say Kenan), his version of “uh oh” is “pa-boo,” horsey, na-na (banana), boo for “moo”
- He will scrunch his nose and squint his eyes and make a puffing sound – sometimes this is when he’s frustrated and wanting something; other times I think it’s because he wants attention 😉
- He isn’t walking yet, but he has stood on his own several times for a few seconds and he’s getting much better at going from one piece of furniture, letting go, and going to another piece of furniture
- He likes to pull his pacis and blankets out of his crib when he’s playing in his room
- He likes to hide toys, books, etc under the couch or his crib then try to find them
- He still loves books
- He is still a good eater, but is slowly getting more picky
- He loves Kenan and is understanding more how to play with him. He’ll try to put a toy in Kenan’s mouth
- He can climb the stairs (supervised of course)
- He is getting more attached to his blankets and stuffed animals
- He got to experience his first snow day!
- He has not been napping very consistently. I’m thinking, based on advice from mom friends, that we may need to drop down to one nap soon.
- He definitely gets frustrated now if he can’t accomplish something. One night we were playing with him and he couldn’t get a toy to do what he wanted it to, and he balled his fists and turned red in the face!
- He never keeps both socks on his feet.
- He seems to want to be held more. He has never been a huge snuggler, but he’ll climb up on us to be held and let us rock him longer before bed time and naps. We don’t mind 🙂
We are head over heels for our little boy!
Some pictures from the past month:
Swinging with one of his BFFs, Clara.