Here’s a glimpse at my life the last week, in a random list. I promise I’ll have more posts with real content, recipes, and ideas later this week!
- Baking projects took over my kitchen! I made some birthday cakes and pies, along with a lot of Fall-themed desserts: German Chocolate Cake; Key Lime Pie; Acorn Cake Pops; Salted Caramel Macarons; Buttermilk Spice Maple Cupcakes with Fondant Leaf Garnish
- We put part of Davis’ Halloween costume from last year on him over the weekend. Couldn’t get over the cuteness of our little fox! Now to figure out this year’s costume. No clue what he’s going to be! Any ideas are welcome!
- My friend Neely had her baby boy, Mac, last week! He is so precious! They don’t live in Charlotte, so I hate I have to wait a little while to meet him.
- The outfits I blogged about last week – all about the baseball tee – were well-received and I’m encouraged to do some more shopping in my own closet and posting the ideas. Be on the lookout for an outfit post for this week all about black distressed skinny jeans!
- Our friends’ little boy turned 3 last week, and we went to his fun birthday party on Saturday. Cam and Davis were twins in their Honey Bee Tees!
- Sarah and I were able to have a semi-girls night on Saturday. Her husband came to our house and I went to their house (no babysitters needed!). Sarah and I attempted to make some DIY tassel necklaces. Well, we failed. So much harder than they looked! Oh well, girl talk is always a good thing!
- My brother was in town over the weekend! Davis LOVES hanging out with his Uncle Patrick!
- I got to have coffee with my friend Erin last week and it was good for my heart. She is such a wonderful friend. Wish we had taken a picture.
- I made gluten free chicken parmesan with from-scratch tomato sauce on Friday. I will post the recipe soon!
- The Honor Roll (Todd and his friend’s business, which I’ve talked about here) was invited to be a part of a local pop-up shop this weekend! We will be joining other local creative small business owners, mostly from Etsy, on Saturday for this event. Hoping it will be a success! If you’d like to see the t-shirts, sweatshirts, and tank tops, check out the Etsy shop.
That may be my most random post yet! Be on the lookout for these posts coming this week:
- Recent Eats: Clean Eating Ideas
- Fall Fashion: Distressed Black Skinny Jeans
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Thank you for reading! I hope your Monday is off to a good start.