To all of you who read my blog who are not football fans, or not from the Carolinas, I apologize! I cannot get over the excitement that our Panthers are in the Super Bowl! Lately, my blog is evidence of that!
We have had so much love for our Panthers t-shirts, and we truly appreciate it! The Honor Roll Designs team spent much of the weekend packing and shipping. One of our younger team members was pumped as well!
Davis’ school has Panthers spirit days this week, which is awesome. I am excited for him to experience team spirit and pride in our city at a young age!
As we all know, besides the game, the FOOD for the Super Bowl is of utmost importance! I am making food for a few different events this weekend, including our own Super Bowl watching plans. I’ve been putting together menus, and searching Pinterest and blogs for recipe inspiration.
I am planning to make:
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream and Salted Caramel Drizzle
- “Funfetti” Cupcakes (my version)
- Braised Short Rib Sliders with Pimento Cheese & Apple Cabbage Slaw
- Wedge Salad Skewers/Chopped Wedge Salad
- Taco Cups with BBQ Chicken, Monterey Jack Cheese, Avocado Crema, Cilantro (inspired by these BBQ Chicken Tacos; I’m going to serve them in Tostitos scoop chips)
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Black-Beery Whiskey Smash
FYI, The Super Bowl is one of the days of the year that I don’t worry as much about clean eating. It is one of my husband’s top 3 “holidays,” so we splurge some.
Here is a list of some other appetizer ideas for your party! (Some of these are my recipes, but they are mostly from other talented bloggers and cooks!)
- Cheese Tray
- Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- Antipasto Skewers
- Chicken & Waffle Skewers
- Last Year’s Super Bowl Breakfast & Dinner, including Skillet Nachos
- Mini Smoked Turkey, Apple, Cheese Sandwiches
- Hot Ham & Cheese Party Rolls (I am planning to make these asap!)
- Cuban Sandwich Sliders with Braised Pulled Pork
- Mini Meatball Sliders with Basil Pesto
- Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites
- Spinach & Sausage Pinwheels (I made these years ago for the Carolina-Duke basketball game, and they were delicious)
- Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Corn Dip
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (I’d use GF flour)
- 2 Cheese Loaded Veggie Nachos
- BLT Dip
And from a food blogging/cookbook auther/creative food genius, How Sweet Eats, here is a list of 200 recipes for football watching!
Go Panthers…Keep Pounding!!!