December held some high highs and some low lows for us in 2017. It honestly felt like riding a roller coaster at times, but Christmas morning was a highlight. We were able to celebrate bright and early at home with our boys! Todd and I received so much joy from watching them make a huge mess of wrapping paper while opening their new gifts. All of those Amazon Prime boxes were worth it! The cinnamon rolls we enjoyed for breakfast were a slightly adapted version of Minimalist Baker’s Vegan Gluten Free Cinnamon rolls. I wanted to share the recipe details with you all, because they were delicious! I added my changes at the bottom of this post.
Also, please take note of how often Ridge was eating a snack in these pictures. Todd and I were cracking up looking back at these photos!
Still dark outside! And our tree and star are a bit crooked after the whole tree fell over earlier in the month.
pancakes, the second he woke up, because #hangry
still eating the pancakes
hand in a bag of cheerios, while looking at his present
toy carrot in his mouth, hand in a bag of cheerios
Glad I’m not the only one in the family who is obsessed with food!
Now for all of the cinnamon roll details. Because EVERYONE deserves a cinnamon roll every now and then! 🙂
I followed Minimalist Baker’s Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll recipe for the most part.
- I could not find the right vegan butter, so I ended up using grass-fed butter instead.
- For the icing I simply mixed powdered sugar with almond milk for a glaze. It was simply and yummy, but next time I want to try them with a vegan cream cheese icing!
- I doubled the recipe, and separated it when I was ready to roll them out. I rolled one half out on a large cutting board and the other half out on that marble slab.
- I made them up until the rising stage. I refrigerated them overnight, then let them come to room temperature then rise on the stove. The oven was preheated to give them warmth to help them rise.
- I iced them right before serving.
I will absolutely make this recipe again! I printed it and put it on my notebook of go-to meals. Cinnamon rolls are one of my absolute favorite treats, but they are hard to come by while eating gluten free. Bravo to Minimalist Baker for the work she put into perfecting this recipe!