Here is a glimpse at what we’ve been eating around here lately! Everything (besides the Chick-Fil-A drink qualifies as clean eating and gluten free).
Breakfast: Acai bowls!
Buy the Sambazon frozen acai packets (unsweetened) at Publix or Costco (thank you, Caroline, for finding them!!). Run 2 packets under water for a few seconds, then break them up slightly. Add to a blender with 2 bananas, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen pineapple, and about 1 cup of your non-dairy liquid of choice (I use unsweetened coconut milk). (I also added 1-2 cups raw baby spinach to the blend in the top picture). Blend until smooth. Top with homemade granola (or grain-free granola), hemp seeds, chia seeds, fresh fruit, raw coconut flakes. Enjoy!
1. Prosciutto & white cheddar on grilled bread rubbed with olive oil and garlic, topped with balsamic (avocado toast for Davis)
2. Turkey, avocado, tomato on a corn tortilla
3. Sauteed kale with a fried egg and avocado, topped with sriracha
Toddler Lunch: Scrambled egg with sautéed kale and white cheddar; avocado; ABC cookies from Trader Joe’s
1. Chick-fil-A unsweetened tea mixed with lemonade; or plain lemonade!
2. Homemade microwave popcorn (Place 1/4 c. non-GMO corn kernels [found at Trader Joe’s] + 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil + 1/2 tsp sea salt in a bowl. Mix, then place into a lunch-size brown paper bag. Fold the top over with 3 tight folds. Cook in the microwave with the popcorn button).
1. Italian Vegetables: Polenta topped with sautéed local squash, tomato, bell pepper, garlic; GF Breaded and Baked Eggplant
2. (Prep – Eat the rainbow!) Roasted tri-color carrots, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, sautéed cod (seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, dill, then sautéed in coconut oil)